Energy enhancing beverages are everywhere these days, but most are designed merely to provide an intense, temporary jolt of energy. Unfortunately, this false energy leaves you depleted when the “high” wears off.
Most commercial energy drinks depend upon large amounts of caffeine (two to three times the amount found in a cup of coffee), an excessive amount of sugar (from six to sixteen teaspoons in one serving), and long list of other questionable ingredients.
Energy drinks are actually a great idea that can benefit almost everyone needing an infusion of energy, including athletes and people suffering from chronic illness or undergoing chemotherapy. But instead of drinking a highly sweetened, caffeinated, chemical concoction, try Schi-Zam™, my natural energy drink.
This delicious beverage includes coconut water, the clear, sweet liquid extracted from young green coconuts. Coconut water is rich in electrolytes, and hydrates the body more effectively than plain water. Schi-Zam™ also contains a unique herbal tea blend that not only tastes good, but also provides a wide array of antioxidants and beneficial phytonutrients. Finally, an essential component of Schi-Zam™ is Power Adapt, a high-potency herbal adaptogenic tonic.
Adaptogens are specific herbs that have been used for centuries to boost athletic performance, increase overall vitality, and provide protection against degenerative illness. This special class of herbs encourages homeostasis, optimizes metabolism, and improves resistance to a variety of adverse factors. Adaptogens enhance immune system function, and more specifically, can counteract some of the damage caused by chemotherapy, radiation and drug therapies.
Combined together, these ingredients make a delicious beverage, supplying your body with essential nutrients that help to naturally replenish energy, and at the same time facilitating the removal of toxins that accumulate with physical stressors such as exercise or chemotherapy.
Enjoy this healthful, energizing beverage as often as you like!
Recipe for Schi-Zam™ Energy Beverage: (Makes 32 ounces)
- 1 Tbsp. Power Adapt (Natura Health Products)
- 16 oz. Coconut water (I recommend Taste Nirvana brand)
- 16 oz. Herbal tea infusion (see below; you can order the organic herbal blend from Mederi Centre for Natural Healing)
1. Make tea blend (see below) and let cool.
2. Combine all ingredients in glass quart jar or pitcher.
3. Serve chilled.
4. Store in refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Herbal Tea Blend (for Schi-Zam™ Energy Beverage)
Ingredients (equal parts):
- Schizandra berries
- Lemon grass
- Rooibos Chai blend (Eco teas)
- Red clover blossoms
- Hibiscus blossoms
- Rose blossoms
- Lycium berries
- Orange peel
- Ginger root
To make 16 oz. of herbal tea blend:
- Bring 16 ounces of spring or filtered water to a boil.
- Place 4 tablespoons of herbal mixture into covered teapot or canning jar.
- Pour freshly boiled water over herbs. Steep, covered, for 6-8 minutes.
- Strain out herbs and allow tea to cool to room temperature.
One Reply to “Schi-Zam™: A Natural Energy Beverage”