In my blog on proton pump inhibitors (PPIs) a couple of weeks ago, I discussed the dangers of these drugs that are commonly prescribed for treating GERD and indigestion. Patients often ask me if there are natural alternatives to PPIs.
I recommend complete digestive support that focuses on safely alleviating symptoms and restoring digestive tract health. The goals should be to:
- Neutralize stomach acid to relieve heartburn, acid indigestion, bloating, GERD, and upset stomach.
- Support digestion and normal gastrointestinal (GI) health and response.
- Support normal GI immune and inflammatory response.
- Support normal GI tract healing, provide support and protection to the mucosal lining, enhance GI permeability health, and address leaky gut syndrome and immune dis-regulation.
- Provide optimal support for the epithelial lining of the GI tract, esophagus, throat and mouth.
- Support nervous system/digestive system connection and assist the gut, nervous system, and brain network.
- Support gum and oral tissue health.