Baking cookies and sharing them with friends is part of our family’s holiday tradition. This year, I created a new recipe that I’d like to share with you. It’s a delicious holiday treat (made with spelt, walnuts, and other healthy ingredients) that I hope you’ll enjoy as much as we do!
- 4 oz butter (1 stick butter)
- 2 oz coconut oil
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 cup sprouted spelt flour *
- ½ cup Pamela’s baking mix
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 ½ cups chopped walnuts*
- 1 cup shredded coconut, toasted on stove for 2 minutes, stirring frequently
Sugar and spice topping:
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. cardamom
- 2 tsp. maple sugar
- 1 tsp. coconut milk powder
- Soften butter and mix with coconut oil and vanilla. Beat in maple syrup and coconut sugar.
- Sift oat flour, spelt flour, baking mix, and sea salt and add to wet ingredients.
- Fold in chopped walnuts and coconut.
- Shape into crescents and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before baking.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F convection.
- Bake cookies for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven, place on rack to cool, and using a sifter, dust cookies with the sugar and spice mixture.
Continue reading “Donnie’s Walnut-Coconut Crescent Holiday Cookies”