The tradition of baking and sharing holiday cookies is one that my family enjoys. Of course, I like to make our treats as healthy as possible. I have special memories of the delicious cookies that my mother made at Christmas, and I’ve updated her recipe, making it with healthy ingredients. It’s our favorite holiday cookie recipe, and I’d like to share it with you.
- 2 cups ground pecans: I use a wooden rolling pin to crush the pecans
- 2 cups flour: I use a combination of 1 cup organic oat flour (freshly ground from organic whole oat groats), ½ cup coconut flour, and ½ cup sprouted spelt flour. (If you prefer a less crumbly cookie, substitute kamut flour for the oat flour.)
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ½ cup dried maple syrup powder
- ½ cup organic salt-free butter
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 2 tsp. high quality vanilla extract